Early October 2012 saw the Compton Group move from the PTCL, formerly the 'Physical Chemistry Laboratory, into newly and specially refurbished labs occupying the ground floor of the Rodney Porter Building, adjacent to the PTCL. The building of the PCL was completed seventy years ago in 1942 and it is sadly is no longer suitable for competitive activity in modern research in the areas of interest to the Group.
The new space brings all the Group together in one single area equipped with excellent labs and write up areas. The Electrochemistry Communications journal office is contained within this space too.
The move, after 27 years in the P(T)CL unearthed many interesting materials associated with various group alumni including original heated electrodes made by Frank Marken (now Professor at Bath) and calcite flow cells fabricated by Patrick Unwin (Professor at Warwick) together with some original lab books of Justin Gooding (New South Wales), Jay Wadhawan (Hull) and Greg Wildgoose (UEA)! Very interesting reading!
We look forward to significantly enhanced research activity in the immediate future as a result of this transforming move!
Laboratory and Office Pictures
Click to enlarge